Saturday, May 16, 2009

Friday May 15

I dragged myself out of bed around 11:50, showered, ibuprofen, then ate a quick breakfast of sausage, cheese, and tomatoes. The produce over here is waaay better. We all met up for a tour of the Museum of Communism at 12:30; it was great seeing all over the old statutues of Lenin and Marx and a large replica of a segment of the Berlin Wall. Afterwards me and Mitch went back to the apartment to eat, then we met 2 other guys and decided to walk around town and check out the city across the St. Charles bridge. We walked around for awhile till our feet started hurting then grabbed a a beer at a sidewalk restaurant/bar. One guy that was with us tried to order a rum and coke, but as usual this blew the waitress' mind and he ended up with a shot of straight rum. After a long beery argument over how to split the bill 4 ways, we headed back on the Metro. The subway system here is great, there's only 3 lines and the stations are clean and relatively bum-free. Mitch and i walked down to a guitar store hoping to score some cheap guitars and maybe busk on the St. Charles bridge, no luck though, it was closed. Chilled in the apartment for a bit and debated over whether or not to go out that night, as lat night was pretty crazy. I have absolutely no willpower so I caved pretty quick when i found out that everyone else was going out. We went bto a touristy bar with dickhead bartenders called Harley's. I was pretty miserable at first since the beer was really overpriced and i couldn't find a seat at the bar, but I perked up when we found a table and the DJ started playing Elvis and Beatles songs. A bunch of local babysluts were seated at the table next to ours, and I had no interest in talking to any of them, but I ended up getting drafted into doing the twist with a super-short super-cute czech girl named maria. I failed miserably but she thought I was hot so we talked for awhile until ahe and her friend invited me and mitch to a club down the street. it was only a 100 crown cover so I we were in and found a seat with our girls in the corner of the club a safe distance from the bump and grind ghetto bullshit. Mitch's girl ended up being lame and ditched him for her boyfriend, so he talked to the Americans that were sitting next to us for awhile before heading back to the apartment. I stayed with Maria for a few more hours and made out on a couch surrounded by her friends and drank free champagne courtesy of some Americans sitting next to us. Turns out Maria is in a band and theyre playing at prom (she's a senior in high school) so I'm probably going to play bass with her band at prom. Sweet. I headed back to the apartment at around 3 and passed out. I'm the first guy in our group to hook up with a local girl so I'm the man for today, This trip is turning out to be A OK.

1 comment: